Car experts suggest that for first-time drivers, their cars should be cheap and easy to drive. When buying your first car, it can be both exciting and confusing at the same time especially if you have no one to help you choose the right car for you. Having a car is somehow a rite of passage towards adulthood. If you have already passed your driving test, then the next thing is for you to find the best car for you.
Whether it is a brand new car or used cars in plantation, there are so many things that you have to take into consideration. If you are buying a car soon, let this guide help you out. They are small enough for easy control while others also come with some kind of luxury to keep the driver safe. Here are the best new cars perfect for new drivers:
- Chevrolet Cruze – Premier Sedan (2019). This is one of the safest cars not only for new drivers but even for your teenage driver. The Sedan and the hatchback had its looks updated. It also has an extended interior and new technological features. Aside from that, it has an anti-collision feature to keep you safe. The car also comes with an automatic emergency braking as well as active lane control.
- Honda Civic (2018). This might be small but it comes with the most amazing features, perfect for your first car. With the Honda Civic, there are engine options to choose from. What many drivers like about the Civic is that it is a comfortable ride not only for the drive but also for the passengers. It has good handling and a very spacious interior.
- Mazda6 (2019). This is one of the most enjoyable cars to drive, especially for teenage girls. It is chic but has a sporty edge. Many car owners find it to be smaller compared to other first cars but it has an impressive engine. It can provide 28 miles per gallon with its 2.5-liter engine with four-cylinder design.
- Totoya Corolla (2019). This is a very popular car for first-time buyers. This sedan model has a quiet ride. The inside is very comfortable to provide a safe and comfortable journey on any road. It has better handling compared to the standard model. When it comes to fuel, you can average 32 miles per gallon but for highway drives, it can be up to 43 miles per gallon. Definitely a great buy for first-time drivers.
- Subaru Impreza (2019). This car is both functional and fuel efficient which is why it is one of the most preferred first-time cars. It is not an SUV but it is definitely easy to handle and can provide comfort and safety for new car drivers. It is made with an All Wheel Drive and it is very quiet to drive on any road. The inside is also spacious even for the backseat passengers.
New Drivers vs Insurers
For new drivers, their lack of experience will be counted against them by the insurer. If you are able to keep yourself out of trouble within 12 months, you will have a no-claims discount which can reduce your premium. If you continue to make no insurance claims, this discount will grow. One of the best ways to boost your no-claims discount is to make sure that you fit your car with the insurer-provided ‘black box.’